April 28, 2008

The odd couple

Look at this whimsical pair:

This is Roko the Chihuahua and Pantha the tortoiseshell cat. They are inseparable friends currently residing at the Humane Society, hoping to find a home together.

From their Humane Society listing:

This is an exceptional case, and calls for some exceptional people to step up to adopt this special pair of friends. Roko the Chihuahua and Pantha the tortie cat came from the same house and are best buddies. When they got here, our staff opened the carrier that Pantha was in and Roko raced inside to cuddle.

They are both a bit shy, Pantha in particular. We have made them our first dog-and-cat perfect pair, to be adopted together. Roko is five years old and is a blue-hairless Chihuahua. His notes say that he's very sweet. Pantha is front-declawed, and is an indoor-only kitty -- she also has the softest fur ever: no wonder Roko likes to snuggle with her!

He and Pantha are here because the newborn in their family has medical issues that preclude having any animals in the household.

When we put them in the same cage after they had been apart a few days, Pantha started licking Roko, and he loves her.

Please come get the pair of them!

These close friends may not be in Cage No. 4 (Justice is still there!), but they're so irresistible and unusual that I figured they should surely qualify as Friends of Fiona nonetheless. Pass the word around... this unlikely couple deserves a happy home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, how cute are these two? I wish I could adopt them myself.

Maeve said...

I know! They're outta control! If I didn't think my fat cat would flatten that poor Chihuahua without even meaning to, I'd consider adopting them myself...!